A Second Chance, Chapter VI

Chapter VI


After all that, this circle of confusion and anxiety ended, or so I thought. I went back with Alex. I stopped thinking about it and I just let go. I thought that it would be good to spent time with him, and, to my surprise, we had a lot of fun. We talked about old times and how we were as kids. We talked about the happy moments and the bad ones and we came to realise a lot of things, that we hadn’t notice before. But before all that, we explored the place we were staying at. Trying to find the history of the place, with no luck, unfortunately. We only found what we already knew.

We spent hours in the house playing with some games we used to play. We were drinking a bit, so it got funny quickly. We also did the things, we theoretically couldn’t do as kids, but imagined to be funny. One of them was to run naked through the entire city and jump in the lake. One might wonder how that happened. Well, if you are playing board games and lose a bet once you are drunk, it all makes sense. Especially if you are with your best buddy.

Everything was quiet and happy after a week. The nightmares stopped and I almost forgot about the blond hair woman and everything that had happened. But life is not that easy and once you think everything has worked out, it is then that you realise they did not.
It was night and I was about to go to bed, when everything begun. I was about to enter a endless pit of mess and confusion that night. After returning from a tiring funny day with Alex, I prepared myself to relax and call the day off, kind of early. I lied down to my bed and slept. That is when I saw him or should I better say, I saw me…

I remember lying down to sleep and at the next moment, I found myself to this weird place. I was in a very small corridor and next to me there were these two blank walls with no doors and in front of me, there was this closed door. I was afraid at that moment and confused. I was trying to realise what was going on. I thought I was seeing a dream, but at the same time it felt more than a dream. It was real.
I was there physically, and I had so many questions at that point. I stopped thinking and decided to go and open the door in front of me. As I opened the door slowly, I saw the shrine from right to left. I saw the spot I prayed, I saw the offering box and the garden in front. And it was like the first day I went and visited the shrine. It was sunny and beautiful just like any other day. Only one thing was different. There was someone at the bench I was sitting every time I went there. I couldn’t clearly see his face but I saw his feet.

That’s how I knew there was someone there to begin with. So, I gathered some courage and decided to go and talk to him. Everything was getting weirder by the second. I stared walking towards him, getting more nervous by the second. Sweat falling down my head. I was scared and confused, because I didn’t know what I would see or who I would see. I thought at some point that it could be her and got more nervous. Halfway through the shrine, the person got up from the bench and stood in front of me.

What I saw at that moment, amazed me and confused me so much at the same time. I saw me staring back at me. He was wearing these golden silk clothes. Very similar to what the blond woman was wearing the night I saw her and collapsed.

“You must be really confused right now. Seeing yourself talking to you is not the most normal thing. Please, try and stay with me. I am not here to hurt you; I am here to clarify some things for you”.
As he said that, I didn’t utter a word and followed him. I went and sat down to the little bench I always liked to sit down. After sitting next to him, he started explaining everything. He solved all the questions I had. You see he or me are both the same person. And as it seems, I am a God...



Author: Jimmy Novak

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mount and Blade, Map of Calradia

Mount & Blade: Rise of War, Chapter I

The End of a Story